4/17/10

Precious written 12.12.09

Today my GF tells me her sister is in town. I ask did she bring the rest of the family with her. She said no, she left her daughter. I ask why would she leave her daughter and she replies she always does that. I ask my GF does she think that is appropriate for her niece's age. She said it depends on the circumstances. I think it does not. I was instantly perturbed. Especially after seeing Precious yesterday. Now I realize why my Mom was always there. Not that I think MY father would have done anything to us but I understand that my Mother could not be sure. I suddenly understand why most women take their kids with them wherever they go. I did not say anything to my GF but I recognize I probably will never find someone with values like mine. Everything is okay in this world to everybody if it's convenient. In Precious they did not touch on it much, just eluded to things with her Mom as well. It appears Precious had to do favors for her Mother which was even more disturbing. I need to know that my GF will not go with everything just to be accepted. Is she serious in thinking leaving a teen girl with a man who is not her Father is okay.

No comments: