4/23/11

Innocence Stolen

Do you remember when you were innocent?  I do.  I remember when I believed everything and anything someone told me.  Why?  I knew of no reason for someone to lie.  After all, my parents were honest and direct much to my sister and my chagrin.  I do not know when disappointments outweighed the happy times yet I know they do now.  I have managed to get much done which is both good and bad.  It is good I am cleaning house and bad I am cleaning house.  What I never wanted to happen has happened.  I never wanted my core being to change by experiences that happened to me, yet here I am.  I was trusting and I am not any more.  I was compassionate, but I do not trust that people's hardships or their stories of woe are sincere.  I was caring, except I am often cold and indifferent.  I can only hope and pray that some of my innocence stolen from people to careless to hold and care for hearts will be found again.   Signed, E


No comments: